Why Consider Application Software?
Organizations generally consider application software solutions when they are evaluating using technology to
- Automate a manual, inefficient or error-prone process
- Meet a new, strategically important business objective
- Replace an existing solution that has become inefficient or outdated
It’s not always clear whether commercially available software or a custom application is the right solution. Key factors that drive the decision to build application software are:
- the solution is addressing a strategically important need
- you expect the software to help you gain a competitive advantage
- there aren’t commercially available solutions that are aligned with your business needs and existing processes, or they will require
- significant customization
- more than one off-the-shelf solution
- use of only a subset of the solution’s functionality
- the total cost of ownership for a packaged software solution is greater than that of a custom solution
Winxnet’s team can help evaluate options and make a sound decision about custom versus off the shelf solutions. If you’ve determined an application software is the way to go for your organization, Winxnet also has the expertise to deliver.
Winxnet Application Software Solutions
Winxnet’s Maine-based Application & Data Management Services development team has extensive experience managing, executing, and supporting software development initiatives for organizations of all sizes and across a wide range of industries.
Each organization is unique in terms of development resources on staff and the role that the IT team and business leaders wish to play in a custom software development initiative. We tailor our engagement model for each organization and project. In addition to assuming end-to-end ownership of a custom software development initiative, our team can also take on specific roles in the process, including:
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Technology selection
- Project management
- System and architecture design
- Database design and administration
- Software development, testing, and implementation