Microsoft Launches a Free Version of Teams
Last month, Microsoft launched a free version of Microsoft Teams, a chat-based collaboration tool that’s part of the Office 365 suite. This free version of Teams is designed for small and midsize businesses that want to access chat, meetings, files and apps all on one platform.
This free version is available worldwide in 40 languages and is specifically designed for businesses that don’t have commercial Office 365 subscriptions. This platform is extremely beneficial for any group of people to utilize Teams as their hub for teamwork and discover the value of Office 365 as they grow and scale.
This free version of Teams includes the following for up to 300 people:
- Unlimited chat messages
- Audio and video capabilities for individuals, groups and full team meetings
- 10 GB of team file storage
- 2 GB per person for personal storage
- Built-in Office Online applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote
- Unlimited app integrations
- Ability to communicate with anyone inside or outside of your network
Teams in Microsoft 365 includes everything in the free version plus additional storage, enterprise security, and compliance, and it can be used for your whole organization, regardless of size. Whether you’re a freelancer, a small business owner, or part of a team inside a large organization, you can start using Teams today.
If you have questions about Microsoft Teams or other Office 365 services, please contact our 365 experts today.