Marketing Specialist - Portland, Maine
Posted on: 2/22/2019
As a Best Places to Work in Maine, company Winxnet is a vibrant, growing and fast paced IT consulting firm. With over 140 employees and offices in four states we are seeking a candidate to join our Marketing team. If you have a love of marketing, a positive can-do attitude, and are customer-focused, this may be the right position for you. This position is located out of our Portland, Maine office.
The Marketing Specialist position functions as a marketing generalist and supports all core marketing activities around lead generation, social media, and communications (primarily external communication). The Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting, creating, and delivering marketing programs to drive the growth and expansion of company services. He/she creates and conveys brand messages and improves brand awareness. The Marketing Specialist conducts outbound email communication and may develop newsletters targeting both existing and prospective customer bases. This position supports activities across marketing spectrum and serves as liaison with third party marketing agencies. The Marketing Specialist frequently interacts with other marketing team members as well as Business Development Representatives and other members of the Sales Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Execute quarterly marketing playbook and accompanying campaigns. Campaigns include email, digital marketing, event execution, and communication.
• Plan and attend field events (approximately 10-20% of time is spent at field events). This includes execution/coordination of event logistics and attendance at external activities, including trade shows and company-sponsored events at external facilities to host potential customers.
• Engage with event attendees and facilitate attendee access to subject matter expert.
• Execute social media duties, including site maintenance of social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter). Add content, develop posts, facilitate sharing of posts, and amplify posts to ensure they are shared on personal social media feeds
• Must be familiar with MS Office Suite and basic social media platforms. HubSpot marketing automation system experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Highly organized and adept at managing projects to meet timelines and achieve quality results.
• Adept at multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
• Serve as advocate and ambassador for both marketing department and Winxnet, externally and internally.
• Possess execution orientation in fast-paced environment.
• Must be flexible as marketing priorities shift.
• Demonstrated interest in learning and building technical marketing skills.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 0 - 2 years of experience
Winxnet offers excellent benefits including:
401k with a match
Eight paid holidays
Three weeks of paid sick/vacation time the first year
Paid life insurance
An environment of teamwork and fun
A training plan for continued growth and mentoring
• A cover letter is required.
• Please put Marketing Specialist/Maine in the subject line.
To Apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com.